This blog has been created for a class at Biola University titled "Religion, Media, and Culture." The class operates under the premise that the pursite of God involves one's culture of upbringing, one's ethnicity and one's cultural narrative. This blog will investigate the media through which different people pursue God.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Prayer and Reflections on Southlands

As I spent time praying about Southlands, I realized that Southlands and the church I currently attend are very different. I consider Southlands a big church. The church I attend has about 25 people on Sunday mornings. Southlands is filled with young people. At my church I am the only college aged person who attends. The worship music at Southlands is driving and exciting. The music at my church isn't as exciting. Southlands is building a new campus. The church I attend struggles to pay the bills every month. A church like Southlands might have a lot more to offer me, but going to church is not just about one's self. God is helping me to realize that I am really needed by the small congregation of which I am a part. I can serve at my church much more than I think I could at a larger church. Though the church I attend does not have as much initial appeal as Southlands, I believe it is very important to me to serve my church in the way that I have and even find new ways to be of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment