This blog has been created for a class at Biola University titled "Religion, Media, and Culture." The class operates under the premise that the pursite of God involves one's culture of upbringing, one's ethnicity and one's cultural narrative. This blog will investigate the media through which different people pursue God.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Prayer and Reflection
As I was praying about visiting St. Paul of the Cross, the words that came to mind were "Trust and Obey." Often my relationship with the Lord depends on how I am feeling that day. Often my disciplines go lax. I might use a catch phrase such as, "this doesn't feel authentic and organic" to somehow justify not reading the Bible when I don't feel like it. I often her the phrase, "Christianity is a relationship, not a religion." While Catholicism seems more religious and more mechanical, God wants us to serve him religiously. I don't plan on becoming a member of the Catholic church, but I know that God wants me to focus on him in a more disciplined manner and express my love and gratitude for Him even when I don't feel like it. This means making time with Him more ritualistic (not robotic) while keeping my heart directed toward his purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment