This blog has been created for a class at Biola University titled "Religion, Media, and Culture." The class operates under the premise that the pursite of God involves one's culture of upbringing, one's ethnicity and one's cultural narrative. This blog will investigate the media through which different people pursue God.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Pray and Reflections on Step Off
I knew going to Step Off that I would be uncomfortable. I didn't know anyone there and I knew that the people I met were going to be different from me. Knowing that Step Off was a church definitely made me more comfortable because I knew that someone would feel obligated to say "hi" to me. I don't have much in common with Asian gangsters. As I prayed about Step Off I thought about Sam's sermon. He said to find out why something is important to others that is not important to you. Not only do I feel uncomfortable around Asian gangsters, but I feel uncomfortable around a lot of people. I felt convicted by Sam's message because I'm not sure if I really care about what is important to others whether they are Asian gangsters, someone from a different back ground, or just someone with whom I've never been able to hold a conversation. I feel like God is telling me to talk to people I am not naturally inclined to talk to and find out what is important to them and why. I've never been good at starting conversations. I don't know how I am going to do this yet, but I will continue to pray about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment